The building was built by the Bey Manuc Mârzaian in an innovative architecture style. It did not have the form of a fortress, like the other inns of the time. The building was severely damaged by the earthquake in 1838, until in 1870 it was rebuilt under the name Grand Hotel Dacia. The hotel had two large rooms where the feasts of rich citizens were celebrated.
In Hotel Dacia, Romanian politicians discussed in the years before the First World War on the entry of Romania into the war and the union of Romania, Transylvania and Bukovina.
Since 2009, the Manuc’s Inn is open for tourists again and it is one of the main attractions of the city.