The inn was built in the early 19th century by Anastasie H.G. Polizu and Ștefan Popovici in the heart of the city, between the Lipscani Street (then called Marchitani) and Furrier Street. The building was divided into two symmetrical wings, among whom a wide passage was situated, in which linden trees grew once. The inn had 28 stores and 4 warehouses, shared between their two owners. Each store had a vaulted cellar.
In 1837, the stores were sold to the biggest merchants of the time, including Niculae Kirilov, a Russian merchant of fine furs.
In 1970, the inn was restored by Constantin Joja and received its original form from the 19th century.